Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

China Glaze ~ Stone Cold

This was the second of the Hunger Game polishes that arrived in my mailbox.

Behold, two coats without any topcoat:




Oh man was I surprised when I realised this one is a matte! And an awesome, slate grey, silver shimmery matte to boot. As I was going to wear this to a homebrewfestival the same evening I decided to add a glossy topcoat to one finger and HM Matte topcoat to the other 4:






Imho it turned out really well. As this is a matte dry time is extremely fast. Application was also good. However, removal was a major pita. First the charcoal base came off, and dying most of my hand grey, and then I had to do the real heavy work getting rid of the silver glitter. It also seemed to dry really brittle and even though it seemed quite good for wearability, I managed to "crack" the polish on two of my nails, which the turned to chipping from the middle of the nail. Not pretty.

But all in all I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment