Pages

Monday 8 August 2011

China Glaze ~ Metro collection, Downtown

And today i returned home from work to find the rest of the Metro collection waiting for me. YAY! So with no further ado, I give you: Downtown. (The first half, Uptown, can be found here)

Trendsetter:




Dark, dusty mustard-yellow with a bit of green thrown in. Fascinating colour. There is also a very pretty gold shimmer that keeps it from looking too drab. This is two coats, no topcoat.

Westside Warrior:



Army green creme. Dar army green with a hint of brown to it. I really really like this one. Two coats, no topcoat and still so shiny!! It's not a colour I'd call pretty, but it's a very cool one. Now where is my camo gear and war-paint?

Concrete Catwalk:



Dark grey creme, kinda denim-like with a slight blue-ish tint. Very opaque, could almost have made it with one coat, but ended up with two anyway. Not a very exciting colour, but one that will probably end up as a favourite whenever I need something that's conventional and nice, but still with a bit of a kick to it.

Loft-y Ambitions:



Oh boy! Dark wine red, with a tiny bit of silver shimmer, more noticeable in the bottle than on the nail. There really is only one word for this one, Sexy! Again, two coats. Only sad thing was that this beauty is shy. She did NOT wish to have her picture taken.

Skyscraper:



Dark blue jelly base packed with silver glitter. Sadly the sun is now completely gone, but I'm sure it'd sparkle  more than Edward Cullen.This is three coats, drying time was pretty good, and even though it's a bit gritty without a topcoat, it's a far cry from the worst I've seen.

Midtown Magic:



Dark purple/brown-ish base with some gold/copper flakes/shimmer. I know, a lot of slashes here, but this colour really isn't very easy to explain. Again two coats. It looks a lot more shimmery in the bottle, on the nail  it's more flakey. I'm not sure how unique this one is for those who've had this addiction longer than me, but I definately don't have anything like it in my stash :-)

So, these were thick, and slightly goopy, but not impossible to work with. Couple of really beautiful colours, couple of very nice "office wear". i think my least favourite is Trendsetter. Which I find kinda sad as I love the fact they turn out colours like these, but they just aren't my personal cup of tea. My two absolute faves must be Loft-y Ambitions and Midtown Magic. Which are your fave picks?


No comments:

Post a Comment