Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Color club ~ Foiled metallics swatches

And here they are in their full beauty. And oh my are they beauties. All of these are two coats, no topcoat except for Perfect Mol-ten. Behold:

Cold metal:




Medium denim blue. Daylight but sadly a mean cloud in front of the sun. These are truly jam packed with a fine silver glitter. you can see the "silver veins" in the bottle, and I was a bit worried about even application due to this, but it was not an issue at all. All in my imagination. Great colour, one of my top three.

Hot like lava:




Deep, medium pink. And by deep I don't really mean dark, but very saturated. This is definately not a barbie-pink. Cerise? It's pretty no matter what you decide to call it, that's for sure.

Lumin-icecent:




This was one of the colours I'd looked forward to the most. True icy blue. a light version of the blue you can see deep down in a glacier crevice. I won't say i was directly disappointed with this, but I had hoped it would pack a bit more of a punch. As it is it's more silvery-blue than icy-blue. But still a very pretty polish, and I shall cherish it for a long long time.

Foil me once:



Second pink of the collection. This is a lighter pink than Hot like lava. More pure "barbie" pink. I'm going to try this one as a stamping polish, but I can't really see myself wearing it as a regular mani. Nothing wrong with the polish, just not my cup of tea.

Antiquated:




Champage-pink foil. Very neutral and nice colour. Another one that doesn't necessarily scream "wear me" to me, but I can see this as a nice office polish without being too drab, and also I think it'll have a nice potential for stamping.

Perfect mol-ten:




This has a layer of Seche vite on top, as I decided this colour is so gorgeous I have to wear it as a full mani for a day atleast. Really stunning. I'm desperately trying to accurately describe this one, but I'm not sure I have the words. It's a bit like China Glaze Cherish, only less yellow, more silver and foil instead og frost. This was the one I wanted the most, and it did definately not disappoint! My favourite of the collection.

So to sum up. 4 awesome polishes and 2 ok. Great formula, good dry time. And at 3 bucks a pop I absolutely recommend everyone to get these. Are you getting any? All? Any obvious favourites?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm loving them! My favorite is Perfect mol-ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree. With Cold metal and Hot like lava in shared second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. You know what's weird though - I have 3 - the green foil, blue foil and deep pink, but my green is called Hot Like Lava nd the deep pink has a name Antiquated on it o.O Only the blue is called just like here - cold metal

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is weird, I think I saw something similar on a blog somewhere (could it've been yours? Profile link doesn't work :-( ) Tried looking at CC's own online shop http://www.cosmeticgroup.com/store/Nail-Polish/ but the collection is not there, Nailsupplies has the same naming mine does, 8ty8beauty doesn't seem to have the collection. It really is confusing :)

    ReplyDelete