Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2011

China Glaze ~ Halloween 2011, It's alive!

Halloween is almost here (ok, ok, it's still about 5 weeks away but the halloween collections are already out.) China Glaze has released a collection with 2 glitters, 2 cremes and a glow-in-the-dark topcoat. I got the two glitters and the ghoulish glow topcoat, and here is the first of the glitters

It's alive:




This is two coats without topcoat. It's a dark, moss green jelly base packed with small round and larger hex glitters. The glitters appear very golden but I'm pretty sure they're green like the base. Application was good, dry time was very fast. It dries pretty gritty, and as it came bundled with China Glaze Fast forward topcoat I decided to give my trusty Seche Vite a pass and try it.


Here it is with topcoat. It smoothed out the polish, and made the colour deepen a bit. Fast forward really dried fast. I didn't time it, but for general purposes it felt as fast as Seche Vite. The consistency seemed very runny, but that may be me being used to (often slightly dried out) SV. Anyone else tried this topcoat? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

In the bundle was also a bottle of Black mesh, the black crackle from CG. I have a bottle of this already, so the new one will go into giveaway/swap pile. However, I dug out my old bottle and tried it on:



So far I haven't been completely awed by crackle-polishes, but I really liked this combo. I originally thought I'd found my halloween mani but I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think? Which would be your favorite for halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment